Monday 9 July 2012

Chicken-Veggi Chili


Hey everyone! So I’ve been doing well with my eating habits. Except for Saturday night… We’ll talk about that another day. Anyways, I wanted to show you what I’ve been eating and drinking. This recipe has a lot of nutrient full foods and is great for you overall body, skin & hair.


In the middle of the week, last week I decided to follow a Vegetarian Chili recipe (which I added chicken too) which tasted amazing. My husband even said so, so I know this was a winner. It didn’t make me full, but content and I love that feeling (especially when I don’t have to pull down the zipper of my jeans). Something things I did omit, because I didn’t have, so put a spin on things and see how it turns out! Tell me how it goes. Here is the recipe:

3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (used Olive Oil)

½ carton minced meat

1 medium sized onion, diced

3 medium sized carrots (used 2)

3 cloves garlic, finely chopped

1 yellow and 1 red bell pepper, chopped (used green and red)

¾ cup celery, chopped

2 teaspoons chipotle powder or ½ teaspoon chili powder (did not use any)

1 lb. white mushroom, cut in half (did not use any)

14 oz. (400g) can organic diced tomatoes in juice (used 2 fresh tomatoes and diced)

14oz. can organic kidney beans, drained

2 cups sweet corn

3 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro

2 tablespoons fresh mint (did not use)

¼ teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons toasted cumin seeds






Instructions:
1. Halfway cook minced chicken then add and sauté onions, carrots and garlic in olive oil in a stainless steel or cast iron saucepan until tender. Finish thoroughly cooking minced chicken.


    2. Stir in yellow and red peppers, celery, and chipotle powder. Cook until tender. Time : 6 minutes


    3. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook for an additional 4 minutes, stir in the tomatoes, kidney beans, and corn. Add cilantro, mint and salt and stir thoroughly. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium.


    4. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Music is like hot chocolate for the soul...Mmm


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com